SUMMER VACATION TRIPS WITH ELLIS PAUL
Hey My Friends—
Fall is upon us, and it’s glorious. It’s always been my favorite time of year and this weekend I am headed north to Pennsylvania and New England to soak up the beauty and play some shows. My 30th Anniversary show at Club Passim in Cambridge is this weekend. My first time stepping on stage there was in August 1989 as an opener to the opener for John Gorka on a Sunday. Then the club brought me back to officially open six shows for Bob Franke in October. Club Passim is where I learned the trade of songwriting and public performance. I’ve played there probably 300 times. The 30th Anniversary show is sold out, but I’m doing four shows around New Year’s Eve and tickets just went on sale here:
This coming weekend is going to be one of those rare occasions where I look forward to driving. The route this weekend includes Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Vermont. Additional dates are ahead in Florida and the Midwest as well in celebration of my new album, The Storytellers Suitcase.
Speaking of packing a suitcase, here’s BIG news in the travel-vacation-with-Ellis around the world! How would you like to join me for a vacation trip next summer? How about two? One will be on a scenic island off the coast of Maine, the other a rafting trip on a pristine river in Idaho!
Many of you know I’ve brought music fans on cruises to Alaska, on tours of Ireland, and to picturesque historic inns in Vermont. Next summer is no different with two vacations planned where you can soak up natural beauty during the day and then relax and hear music at night. It’s a working vacation for me and I love the opportunity to share some of the most beautiful places in the world with you.
1. June 13-20, 2020 Monhegan Island Maine with Ellis Paul, Vance Gilbert and Seth Glier.
The first is a bucket-list, week long trip to scenic Monhegan Island off the coast of Maine. I will be bookending the trip with two venue shows, the first at the beautiful Boothbay Opera House and the second at the legendary One Longfellow Square in Portland. In between we head to an island for four overnights that is one of the most beautiful in America. It hosts a rusting shipwreck, an historic lighthouse, and beautiful walks along bluffs and beaches. We will stay in an historic inn with well prepared food, delicious wine and desserts. In the evenings, I’ve asked two of my most talented musical friends to join me to perform for you: Vance Gilbert and Seth Glier. These guys are extremely gifted and entertaining musicians and I totally expect every night to be a blow out! You will walk off the island floating.
Click below for the details!
Here’s a video from the most recent Monhegan Island vactation!
2. September 15-20, 2020 Salmon River Rafting Trip with Ellis Paul
MAIN STEM OF THE SALMON RIVER in IDAHO. “THE RIVER OF NO RETURN”
Idaho’s Main Stem of the Salmon River accesses the most pristine and untouched terrain in the US, slicing through the 2.3 million acre Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area, the largest roadless area in the country. The Main Salmon River is famous for it’s large sandy beaches for camping, warm water for swimming, great trout fishing, fun and easy whitewater, and the best hot spring in the Pacific Northwest. No river displays all these characteristics quite like the Main Salmon River. It also boasts a canyon that is deeper than the Grand Canyon. The river has recently become famous as the best stand up paddleboard (SUP) river trip in the world for it’s warm water (75+F in August) and fun and safe wave-train rapids.
Often called "The River of No Return", the Main Stem of the Salmon River is chock full of historic miner’s cabins, homesteads and Shoshone Sheepeater and Nez Pierce Indian pictographs and pit houses. The early river runners called the Salmon River the “River of No Return” because the wooden scows run in the early 20th century were scrapped at the end of their journey and used to build many of the cabins you see in the canyon. But the truth be told the Salmon is in fact a river you’ll want to return to time and time again, and not want to return home at the end of your adventure.
I’ll be playing music at night and riding the river right beside you, camping, eating well prepared meals, and loving the pristine beauty of one of America’s most secluded rivers! Join me!
Click below for details!
3. PRIVATE SHOWS
If you are interested in setting up a show for your own home, special event, or school let us know! We love private events and school shows and enjoy adding them my touring calendar. Please contact Nick at the Roots Agency at this address: Nick@therootsagency.com
4. COMPLETE TOURING SCHEDULE
As always, please check out my complete touring schedule at this link. I'm coming to a town near you!
Thanks guys for making the road so easy—
- SUMMER VACATION TRIPS WITH ELLIS PAULSUMMER VACATION TRIPS WITH ELLIS PAUL
- Bringing my storyteller's suitcase to a town near you.....Bringing my storyteller's suitcase to a town near you.....
- The Fourth of July and Soaking Up My IndependenceThe Fourth of July and Soaking Up My Independence
- Album is released today! In the midnight darkness of the Kerrville Folk Festival is Butch Hancock…Album is released today! In the midnight darkness of the Kerrville Folk Festival is Butch Hancock…
- Album Release: The new album is out NOW on ellispaul.comAlbum Release: The new album is out NOW on ellispaul.com
- NEW ALBUM, NEW SONGS, NEW START! NEW ALBUM, NEW SONGS, NEW START!
- Your Download of Ellis Paul's "The Storyteller's Suitcase" Is HereYour Download of Ellis Paul's "The Storyteller's Suitcase" Is Here
- Friday, March 22, 2019Friday, March 22, 2019
- Friday, March 22, 2019Friday, March 22, 2019
- THE ROAD GOES ON THROUGH SOUTH ORANGE, AUSTIN, HOUSTON, TIMONIUM, DALLAS, PITTSBURGH, AND DAYTON!THE ROAD GOES ON THROUGH SOUTH ORANGE, AUSTIN, HOUSTON, TIMONIUM, DALLAS, PITTSBURGH, AND DAYTON!
- New Vacation Trip!New Vacation Trip!
- My TrueFire.com CLASS and CHANNEL launches TODAY!My TrueFire.com CLASS and CHANNEL launches TODAY!