Bluebird Cafe - Nashville - March 22nd 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

Richard + Jela

Bluebird Cafe - Nashville - March 22nd 2007

Postby Richard + Jela » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:22 pm

We're just back from SXSW and Oklahoma where we had a FAB time. 42 gigs in four days at SXSW and then saw Antje in Norman OK with Becky G. Great show - as a friend of ours says 'what's not to like???'

Just wanted to let you know that at SXSW we met a DJ from Australia, Colin Fielding, who is a big Ellis fan and plays his CDs on his radio programme, out of Melbourne, Australia. Colin is going to be at the Nashville show so if any of you are going, do go and say hello to him - just listen out for an Aussie accent. He is having a trip of a life time, going to Austin, Nashville, Boston and New York where he's catching gigs every day. He said that he couldn't belive his luck when he saw that Ellis was playing in Nashville ........he's sure in for a treat isn't he?

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Jela,

Welcome back! BeckyG gave me a full report of Antje's show in Norman. I wish I could have been there! Hopefully someone who reads the board will give us a report of the Nashville show. The Bluebird Cafe is one of many venues I've yet to visit! :shock:

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:39 pm

Jela....I may have said this before, and it bears repeating:

I'd very much like the name of your travel agent!!!

42 gis in 4 days plus Antje Duvekot. WOW...... :shock: That's awesome.

And a hearty "g'day mate" to the Aussie DJ who is currently travelling our fair country in search of some of the best music in the land. If he's reading this forum, perhaps he'll be so inclined to sign up and chime in someday on his "walkabouts" here, especially seeing Ellis at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville, Tennessee.

Hope to hear a bit more of your time at SWSX, too!!!
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:11 pm

"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

Return to “3000 Miles”