West Mountain Inn - Arlington, VT - Aug. 22-25, 2011

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

West Mountain Inn - Arlington, VT - Aug. 22-25, 2011

Postby KarenZ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 pm

Folks,

If you've never participated in one of Tim and Lori Blixt's "Vacation with a Folkie" musical extravaganzas, please consider joining them and approximately 40 other Ellis Paul fans at the West Mountain Inn in Arlington, VT in August 2011. Everyone stays at the Inn and Ellis performs there each evening. Eight of the 19 rooms have already been reserved (folks who attended past events get first dibs), so if you're interested, I suggest you contact the Inn asap. Your cost is your 4-night stay, plus $200 for the 4 shows. Cost of the room includes a wonderful breakfast. If you make a reservation, make sure to contact Tim and Lori to let them know which room you've reserved.

Descriptions of the rooms, rates, and other information about the Inn can be found on the West Mountain Inn website HERE. For additional information contact Tim and Lori - their e-mail address can be found on their website HERE.

This will be The Blixt's 4th Ellis Paul Extravaganza. I've been to the previous three (Gettysburg, PA; Stowe, VT; Arlington, VT.) and don't plan to miss the one scheduled for 2011! Be there or be square! :-)

I believe the plan is that - as in 2008 - EP won't repeat any songs over the multiple nights..... 8)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

bonuela

Re: West Mountain Inn - Arlington, VT - Aug. 22-25, 2011

Postby bonuela » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 am

i would highly recommend that you make every effort to attend this "weekend" the inn is a wonderful location for music. it is a great place to hike, sight see, kayak, and relax.
I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. ~ Cat Stevens

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:22 pm

Bonnie,

I hope you can make it! :-)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

PotatoPicker

Postby PotatoPicker » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Wow. This sounds like way too much fun....
Jeff

monicar

Postby monicar » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:53 am

I second what Bonnie and Karen said. Beautiful setting and how can you go wrong with 4 nights of Ellis Paul?

Don't think I'll be able to make it this year due to it being so close to getting my son back to college, but I'm running out to buy a scratch ticket, so we shall see!

Monica R.

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:32 am

Folks,

I know the dates aren't the best for parents with kids starting school - especially kids starting their first year of college....but I hope you all hit the lottery! :-)

Update on room reservations: nine rooms now reserved for Mr. Paul.

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:54 pm

The West Mountain Inn has now blogged about the concerts held there, you might recognise the names of one or two contributors.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:48 am

Very nice! Thanks, Jela! Thanks to Richard too for the pictures! :-)

KarenZ

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:43 pm

"The opportunity to spend a few days with like minded friends and fans in a beautiful setting, listening to the music we love, made the decisions to travel 3000 miles quite easy!" ~ Jela Webb

8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:48 pm

Folks,

Only SEVEN rooms are left so if you've been been considering attending next August, be advised. Of the seven remaining rooms, one is in the Millhouse. The Millhouse accomodations are like a 2-bedroom apartment and are good for up to 3 or 4 friends sharing expenses.

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey everybody,

I received an update today that only five rooms are left in the inn for these 4 nights of shows that are guaranteed to be special!

Did I mention that Rad Lorkovic is going to accompanying Ellis? :)

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:45 am

Folks,

Are you thinking about summer vacation plans and trying to come up with something different to do this year? Why not consider combining music with a visit to the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont by attending the Ellis Paul Fan Retreat taking place this August at the West Mountain Inn in Arlington, Vermont?

For four days and four nights, you can be a part of a magical weekend that will include opportunities to meet friends - old and new - enjoy a mountainside made for hiking, browse shops, visit museums, participate in a songwriting workshop led by Ellis, feast at a communal BBQ party, enjoy singing around a bonfire after dark, plus experience FOUR nights of the music of Ellis Paul…with no song repeated! As an added treat, Ellis will be joined by keyboard extraordinaire Radoslav Lorkovic! 8)

If you've never had a chance to experience a musical retreat, now is your chance. The fan retreat takes place August 22-25, 2011, and is open ONLY to those who stay at the beautiful West Mountain Inn, making for a casual, intimate atmosphere.

At this time, THREE rooms are still available at the Inn, so don't hesitate too long to make your reservation. Please contact Tim and Lori Blixt at this link for information regarding costs and other details.

KarenZ

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Folks,

The 2nd Ellis Paul Extravaganza at the West Mountain Inn was once again phenomenal with Ellis accompanied by madman-on-the-keys Radoslav Lorkovic! 8) I can't begin to describe what it was like to be in such beautiful surroundings during the day then experience such wonderful music each night. The first night, Ellis passed around a sheet of paper on which folks could make a request, then proceeded to cross the songs off the request list over the next 3 days. He also performed songs of his own choosing, of course....and Rad also performed a few songs solo.

Aug. 22, 2011
rose tattoo
the only way (mark erelli)
walking after midnight/change
take all the sky you need
circle game (joni mitchell)
3000 miles
(Rad) Ustani Bane (in Croation, on accordion)
Crying (roy orbison)
BREAK
once upon a summertime
Chief Joseph (snippet of new kids' song)
Rachel Carson (snippet of new kids' song)
Thomas Alva Edison (poem)
snow in austin
Blacktop Train
angel from Montgomery (john prine)
rattle my cage
kick out the lights

Aug. 23, 2011

maria's beautiful mess
cotton's burning (WOW!)
dragonfly
the day after everything changed
here she is
minor key
city of new orleans (steve goodman)
eighteen
conversation with a ghost
BREAK
jukebox on my grave
everyday (buddy holly)
waking up to me
(Rad) the jolly banker (woody guthrie)
hurricane angel
alice's champagne palace

Aug. 24, 2011

words
martyr's lounge
new orleans
ballad of chris mccandless (unplugged in audience - stunning!)
God's promise
sweet mistakes
angel in Manhattan
Louisiana 1927 (randy newman)
Annalee
BREAK
Marc Chagall (Loved it!)
(Rad) The tallest tree (rad!) :-)
(Rad) Heading south
Let it Be
did Galileo Pray?
The night they drove old Dixie down

Aug. 25, 2011 -Digging into the back catalogue!!

trolley car (stunning...)
lights of vegas
Saturday 2:15 (another wow...)
the world ain't slowing down
speed of trees
take me down
Washington, DC (a personal fave...)
rose in a cage
all things being the same
the art of distance
BREAK
self-portrait
king of 7th avenue
lay your wager down (yet another wow...)
beautiful world (a cappella)
never lived at all
last call (I got to be Patty Griffin!) :-)
Home
Heaven's Wherever You Are

Folks also experienced a bonfire sing-a-long on Wednesday....singing mostly covers under the stars until nearly 1am. Ellis also did two guitar/Q&A sessions during the day on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Truly a magical moment in time. Since leaving Vermont though, Hurricane Irene has done much damage to the roads that many of us traveled just a few days ago. I sure hope all our friends at the West Mountain Inn fared well....

Will post a few pictures when I get caught up.

KarenZ

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:24 am

Wow! What a great run through of songs. I can imagine how fabulous it all was and Rad got to play a few of his too - what a treat for you all.

The scenes of 'Irene's' impact in VT have been quite devastating with Arlington affected - I am glad that you all had left the Inn before she struck.

Look forward to seeing your photos in due course.

Jela

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:31 am

Folks,

When I asked Rad to give me the correct spelling of the song he did in Croatian (Ustani Bane), he suggested I watch a YouTube video of Zlatni Dukati performing the song:

Zlatni Dukati - Ustani Bane

Rad explained the song as being a plea for the Hungarians to leave the Croatians alone!

KarenZ

Return to “3000 Miles”