Swallow Hill, Denver, CO ~~ 9-13-08

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

milehighwolf

Swallow Hill, Denver, CO ~~ 9-13-08

Postby milehighwolf » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Hello All,

It's been 3 years since our last meeting with Ellis. (Cafe Lena, Saratoga, N.Y.) Looking forward to seeing him in our new hometown in the Rocky Mountains instead of the Adirondack Mountains like last time.

Hoping for a great evening with Ellis and Flynn. If I had an oxygen tank, I'd bring it for them. The altitude takes some getting used to! It's our 5th anniversary today. We've been listening since we started dating 7 years ago, so it's bound to be wonderful evening. (no matter what he plays!)

Love, Peace, & Hair Grease!

Todd & Tara Wolf

paddyinthepub

Re: Swallow Hill, Denver, CO ~~ 9-13-08

Postby paddyinthepub » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:19 pm

To the Wolfs of the mile high city....welcome aboard!!! 8)

Got a taste of the altitude sickness back in 1994 after flying in to Denver from Houston. :shock: Hope Ellis is doing okay with the things that change, like the air, they change alot! :shock:

Enjoy the show, and as stated somewhere else here on the forum....Ellis' voice is getting better with age. 8)
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks to one of the many angels in my life who called me from Denver last night during the show so I could listen to Ellis and Flynn singing another spine-tingling rendition of "let it be". Surreal. 8)

Welcome to the Wolfs! :)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Wish I had more time, but I have to leave for the Bronco's/Chargers game, then to the show later tonight, so I promise to make a post about last night's show as soon as I can.

Next time, I need to bring some canned oxygen for Ellis and Flynn, because the mile high city is taking its toll on the Indigo Boys....

Also, I need to remember to bring nail polish to future shows. Did you know that no one at last night's show brings nail polish with them? See, Ellis broke a nail at the Fort Collins show and said the only thing that could work in nail polish. Apparently it's a quite painful incident. Fortunately someone from the venue had access to another artist in the area who had some nail polish for Ellis...

What no nail polish at folk venues???? Hummmmmmm.

I promise to write a detail show report as soon as I am able.
Dean (and Elaine)

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:46 am

Running on empty....

The set lists are the best I can do at 11:40 pm... So here goes:

Flynn:

1. American Wake
2. Don't Believe Me (New Song)
3. The Answers Not Enough
4. Human
5. Heat of the Sun (w/ Ellis. Hysterical! Flynn and Ellis were having a really tough time - a bit too intimate, you know...)
6. Be Careful What You Wish For

Ellis:

1. Hurricane Angel (Piano)
2. Once Upon a Summertime (Piano)
3. Maria's Beautiful Mess
4. Jukebox On My Grave
5. Alice's Champagne Palace
6. Take All the Sky You Need (this is where Ellis asked and received nail polish for his injury)
7. If I Could Catch the Rain (so he could let the nail polish dry...)
8. Let It Be (w/ Flynn)
9. Road Trip (w/ Flynn... complete with UNBELIEVEABLE!)
10. Blacktop Train (acoustic w/ Flynn)
11. Waking Up to Me
12. Home (Piano)
13. Walking After Midnight/Change (acoustic, by request :D )
14. Anna Lee
15. Kiss the Sun (w/ Flynn)

Encore
If She's the One (w/ Flynn)

The encore was a rare treat.

Totally awesome show, but aren't they all????

Zombie going to post tonight's set list and go to bed to leave for airport at 7:30 am - what was I thinking?????
Dean (Elaine is sleeping...)

paddyinthepub

Postby paddyinthepub » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:18 am

runnin on...runnin on empty ~ Jackson Browne (and now Dean and Elaine.... :shock: )

All those Colorado shows and a Denver Broncos game!!! (they won the game, too!)

Thanks Dean for hanging in there through low oxygen and nail polish scavenger hunts!!! :P

You have my sincere gratitude for your late night postings..... 8)

Safe travels home!

You guys Rock!!! :D
"once we're inside, it's a carnival ride" ~ ellis paul
paddy

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:58 am

Dean,

I have asked myself this same question many times....and have learned my lesson as a result! :D For the flgiht home from Vermont (out of Albany, NY) my flight was at 4pm. That was soooo nice! :) (Although afternoon flights aren't always available.)

Thanks (again!) for the wonderful reports! :)

KarenZ
AndaleOrbea wrote:Zombie going to post tonight's set list and go to bed to leave for airport at 7:30 am - what was I thinking?????
Dean (Elaine is sleeping...)
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Return to “3000 Miles”