Blue Moon Coffeehouse – IW Bloomington, IL – 1/12/08

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

AndaleOrbea

Blue Moon Coffeehouse – IW Bloomington, IL – 1/12/08

Postby AndaleOrbea » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Dear Friends:

We just returned from last night’s show at the Blue Moon Coffeehouse on the campus of Illinois Wesleyan University in Bloomington, Illinois. Our first show of 2008! The venue was terrific. It isn’t a coffeehouse per-se, but more of a main ballroom inside Memorial Hall. It was setup banquet style. And the sound was tremendous. A special thanks to Darcy for all the hospitality. The sound and lighting was really well done, too! The show was recorded for future playback on WGLT Radio. We signed up to be notified when they will broadcast the show and will keep you informed when we hear something more. Because it was announced that the show was being recorded, I think the crowd was a bit subdued. Ellis tried a lot to get the crowd involved. We sat near a couple at their first EP concert. I think they’re converts!

We had a great time. And EP had a few occasions to kid us (Elaine and I) during the show. He actually stopped at the beginning of Take All the Sky You Need to introduce us. Explained that we’d just been to four shows in Boston – I reminded him that it was five – and he asked us if we’d actually brought a child with us to the kid’s show – we hadn’t (not that I didn’t think about renting a kid!) He asked us how many shows we’d been to in the past three months and a few other comments throughout the show. He even talked about Karen in absentia! We had a lot of fun.

Anyway, here’s the setlist:

1. Maria’s Beautiful Mess
2. Jukebox On My Grave
3. Alice’s Champagne Palace
4. Home (Piano)
5. Take All the Sky You Need
6. 3,000 Miles
7. Million Chameleon March
8. Blacktop Train (acoustically in the audience)
Intermission
9. Once Upon A Summertime (Piano)
10. If I Could Catch the Rain (Piano)
11. Little Wood Guitar
12. Speed of Trees (by request :D )
13. God’s Promise
14. The World Ain’t Slowin’ Down (finished with a broken guitar string)
15. Conversation With A Ghost
16. Eighteen
17. Martyr’s Lounge
18. The Night Hank Williams Came to Town (Encore)

Gotta run – he’s playing in Berwyn (Chicago) tonight and it’s apt to be one of the best shows yet! More on that tomorrow! Finally a show close to home!
db

Richard + Jela

Postby Richard + Jela » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Dean, thanks for the report and look forward to learning more about the radio broadcast date once you receive details.

Have fun tonight and say 'hello' to Karen and Bill (I'm sure he'll be there as the show's in Chicago)......oh and wish Ellis a Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Jela

AndaleOrbea

Postby AndaleOrbea » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:28 pm

Richard + Jela wrote:Dean, thanks for the report and look forward to learning more about the radio broadcast date once you receive details.

Have fun tonight and say 'hello' to Karen and Bill (I'm sure he'll be there as the show's in Chicago)......oh and wish Ellis a Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Jela

Dear Jela:

I'll keep you posted on anything that I hear about the re-broadcast - or anything else EP that I find out.

I didn't check the board before we left to get Karen, so I'm sorry for not passing on your good wishes. We had a lot to do before last nights show. Unfortunately, Bill wasn't at FitzGeralds. We're hoping to meet up with him on 27 JAN when were are downtown. We had a lot of fun last night, but I am dragging today - the miles on the dash were doing back flips again this weekend, you know.

Take Care (and pack some flares! Okay?)
Dean

Return to “3000 Miles”