The Blue Door - Oklahoma City - Dec. 8, 2007

Post messages about Ellis Paul shows here.

Moderator: Moderator

KarenZ
Site Admin

The Blue Door - Oklahoma City - Dec. 8, 2007

Postby KarenZ » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:30 am

Folks,

I'm heading west later today for Ellis' shows in Oklahoma - Blue Door Saturday night and our very own BeckyG's Winter Wind series (sponsored by the Norman Performing Arts Studio) at The Depot in Norman on Sunday night. Will post reports when I can.

KarenZ
Last edited by KarenZ on Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Rusty

Blue Door

Postby Rusty » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Ellis Paul
2007-12-08
The Blue Door
Oklahoma City
1 hour 48 minutes

01. Little Wood Guitar
02. Maria's Beautiful Mess
03. Alice's Champagne Palace
04. This Land Is Your Land
05. Jukebox On My Grave
06. Take All The Sky You Need
07. 3,000 Miles
08. Snow In Austin
09. Way Down Yonder In The Minor Key
10. Blacktop Train*
11. Million Chameleon March
12. Because It's There
13. Untitled
14. Let It Be
15. The Speed Of Trees
16. God's Promise
17. Calendar Man
18. Angel In Manhattan
19. Richmond Burning
20. The World Ain't Slowing Down
21. Lonesome Valley*

*- Ellis in crowd, no amplification

not sure on the Richmond Burning title. great show. raining ice today...hope I can make it to Norman

KarenZ
Site Admin

Postby KarenZ » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Folks,

Wonderfully LONG show last night at the Blue Door as Rusty posted. The Richmong Burning song is "Cotton's Burning" and the still untitled song is the one with the tentative title "The Hurt". Got a few pix which I will post in a few days after I get home (*if* I get home - major ice storms in the mid-west!) Ellis commented that Oklahoma is his second home and it shows that he feels extremely at-home at the Blue Door. His parents were in the audience and he commented that they had become groupies in their retirement. :) (Actually they are Ellis Paul Devotees.) ;)

KarenZ
"Some people are born to make great art and others are born to appreciate it. It is a kind of talent in itself, to be an audience, whether you are the spectator in the gallery or you are listening to the voice of the world's greatest soprano. Not everyone can be the artist. There have to be those who witness the art, who love and appreciate what they have been privileged to see." -- Ann Patchett in Bel Canto.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:42 pm

thanks for the setlist help! :)

Decided it was too dangerous to drive to the Norman show tonight so I hope everyone has a great time and is safe on the roads.

Return to “3000 Miles”